At the supermarket pick up some "fresh" Brats or Italian Sausage.
- Brats or Italian Sausage Links (1 to 2 per person)
- Two Cloves Garlic - Minced
- One Large Spanish Onion (yellow) cut in half and sliced
- One Large Green Pepper - cut in half and sliced 1/2" thick
- One Large Red Pepper - cut in half and sliced 1/2" thick
- One Large Yellow or Orange Pepper - cut in half and sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 - 3 Bottles of Beer (depending on how many people you have)
- Dried Oregeno
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Good Fresh Hoagie or Sausage Type Buns
Place the Onions and Peppers into a heated large fry pan coated well with olive oil. Toss in the Garlic, Onions and Peppers, season with the oregano, salt and pepper. You will go heavier than usual with the oregeno. When they are just sauteed and the onions start to turn color transfer to a grill safe pan (I used the disposable aluminum 1/2 catering pans from the market).
Pour the beer into the Onion and Pepper mixture, place pan on the grill to heat.
Just brown your sausages on the grill to a nice brown color not burned and under cooked.
Transfer the sausages to the Onions, Peppers and Beer pan. Let simmer until the sausages are cooked through. You can remove the pan if needed at this time, it will keep the sausages hot until your ready to serve. I just leave it on the grill.
In a large bun place on the of sausages and top with the Cooked Onions and Peppers!
Serves 6 Adults (add more Onion, Peppers and Beer for larger parties)