This is a new twist on plain old peas! Sauteed Peas are very easy to make and taste so much better than simmered in water.
- 1/2 of a large Package (or one small package) of frozen Sweet Green Peas
- One Green Onion Sliced in half and chopped
- One Handful of Asparagus sliced in 1/2 inch slices
- One Garlic Clove finely chopped
- One small handful of Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 1/2 16 oz. can of Chicken Stock
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
In large skillet or fry pan on medium heat add three tablespoons Olive Oil, Chopped Garlic, Chopped Green onion stir until garlic starts to infuse in the oil but not turn brown. You should be able to smell it at this point.
Add the Peas and Asparagus, season with Salt, Pepper, Chicken Stock and saute until the Asparagus reaches your desired tenderness, add the chopped Parsley, toss and serve.
You can omit the Asparagus and just use peas if you prefer.