For my friend Lisa Handrahan Segars who brought to my attention that the recipe was missing from my site. We used to have this at parties all the time when I lived in Florida! Boy do I miss those fun times!
- 1/2 Red Onion (sliced with the grain into 1/4 inch strips).
- 2 Cucumbers or 1 English Cucumber - halved length wise and sliced.
- 2 Large Tomatoes (cut into inch size pieces) or halved Cherry Tomatoes about 1 1/2 Cup.
- 1 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese sliced into 1 inch squares.
- 1/2 Cup Greek Kalamata Olives.
- 1 Handful Pepperoncini Peppers (remove stems and cut into 3 rds).
- Baguette Bread sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- Granulated Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano (place in palm and crush with hands to release flavor)
Add all ingredients into a large serving bowl. Season with Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic. Take your Dried Oregano in the palm of your hand, rub and crush while sprinkling over bowl to get the flavors going. Drizzle all over the top the Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil. Toss and serve spooning onto bread slices.
This is one of those recipes that I do not measure! I just grab what I need according to how many people! This recipe should be enough to feed six people as an hourdouve'.
You will find it is a hit and will need to have more on hand, it always goes fast!