This recipe is dedicated to my dear friend Christy Simpson who happen to run into me at the market the other day. About four years ago I had a birthday party for my daughter. I served the Grilled Chicken Greek Salad and the Greek Oil and Vinegar dressing. She had asked me for the recipe because she remembered it and commented on how much she loved it! Christy, here it is!
- Baby mixed greens - one healthy handful per person
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast - 1/4 pound per person (2-3 servings per breast if large)
- Cherry tomatoes (four to five per person) Cut in half
- Red Onion - sliced (1/2 onion for 4 - 6 people, medium salad, whole onion for large)
- Pepperoncini Peppers
- Greek Kalamatia Olives
- Cucumber - sliced
- Good Feta Cheese - crumbled
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Course Sea Salt - regular salt is also fine
- Granulated Garlic
Pound chicken breast with a mallet to tenderize. Season with Salt, Pepper and Granulated Garlic. Grill on prepared grill or pan with olive oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan cover and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
Slice Chicken into strips.
Wash, dry and place baby greens on decorative serving platter or large bowl.
Add the onion, cucumber slices, tomatoes, kalamatia olives and pepperoncini's. Top with the crumbled Feta Cheese.
Place the sliced Grilled Chicken across the top. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Top with our Homemade Greek Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing: http://karenbcookingmadeeasy.blogspot.com/2009/04/homemade-healthy-greek-oil-vineager.html