Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Monday, March 16, 2009

Crushed Red Pepper Flavored Olive Oil

Pimiento Rojo Triturado Oil

Make this easy Crushed Red Pepper Flavored Olive Oil and keep it handy you will use it all the time!

This is a must have in your pantry!

I stumbled across this recipe and I am soooo glad I did! We love this! I use this all the time when I'm sauteing pork or chicken. I top pasta with it. I think it's addicting :)

Ingredients:
  • 4 Cups Olive Oil (get the jug from Costco)
  • 4 Tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Heat the Olive Oil in a saucepan on the stove top on low heat for about five minutes. Just until warm. Add the Crushed Red Pepper Flakes. Stir. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature. Do not get your oil too hot, you don't want to fry the flakes and ruin the oil. When cooled pour into Mason jar or a air tight glass container.

You will see the Oil turn a red color after it cools. Your oil can be used at this point but I recommend to let is sit for a few days. As the days pass you will see the color darken. It's ready!

You can make this in smaller batches add one Tablespoon for every cup of Olive Oil.

Saute meat with the Pepper Oil, and finish in the oven. It gives it a nice flavor with out being too hot. You can use the oil alone or stir it up and use the flakes for a hotter touch. Top your pasta with the sliced meat and herbs then drizzle some Crushed Red Pepper Oil over the top!

It's like Doritos you keep eating until you have eaten the entire bag!

I have made this recipe bottled it up and attached a recipe card for gifts.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails