Spending an arm and leg on non-stick cookware only for it to not last long. Here are some simple helpful tips to maintain the life of your cookware and to keep them safe.
- When cooking with non-stick cookware never heat the pan on a heat higher than medium with out having any food in it.
- Purchase a higher quality cookware line that has a guarantee not to peel.
- Do not use metal utensils of any kind to flip or stir food! Do not even use a metal spoon to stir pasta thinking you will not touch the pan because you usually do :( One tiny scratch will lead to peeling.
- Do not use harsh cleaners on your cookware or scrubbing sponges that will scratch the cookware's surface.
- If your pans have little flakes from the pan peeling, throw it out! These will end up in your food and in you or your family.
Taking care of your cookware with prolong the life and keep them safe for you and your family.