There is no better way to start out the Winter Season than keeping that out door grill ready!
You can grill all Winter long if your prepared.
Here is a recipe for Asian Glazed Cedar Planked Salmon courtesy of Moon Valley Rustic Furniture. They carry small size Cedar Grilling Planks for grilling your favorite recipes. Made of pure Cedar that adds a delicious sweet and smokey taste to meats, vegetables and seafood.
This recipe is easy and delicious!
- 2 (12 inch) cedar planks, pre soaked (see directions)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk together.
Brush mixture over salmon and let sit for 10 minutes, letting the Salmon come to room temperature.
Preheat grill to 375 degrees.
Place pre soaked Cedar plank on grill close the lid and heat for three minutes until you start to hear a crackling sound turn plank over (carefully with tongs) and place the salmon on skin side down. Close the grill lid and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Do not open the lid! The Salmon should be Medium Well.
Remove the Cedar Plank from grill and serve (the Salmon should come right off leaving the skin if you use a spatula)!
Directions for soaking Cedar Plank:
- Soak Cedar Plank under water for about two hours
- Plank can be reused up to two more times depending on how long you cook on it each time. Wash thoroughly (sanitize with vinegar and water). Pre soak again the next time you need to use it.
If you interested in purchasing some Cedar Planks hop on over to Moon Valley you can purchase to small 12 inch planks for around $16.00.
Happy Cooking ;)