Here I've whipped up a quick chicken stir fry. In my new handy dandy wok which I love by Nordic Ware provided to us by CSN Stores.
- Two large chicken breasts sliced thin
- One stalk celery sliced 1/2" thick on an angle
- One large carrot sliced 1/2" thick on an angle
- Two handfuls whole french green beans
- Two scallions (green onions) sliced on an angle
- Two cups cooked whole wheat thin spaghetti noodles
- One large clove garlic, chopped
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water or cold chicken broth
- Corn Starch
You can add more or less vegetables: mushrooms, fennel, kayle, ginger etc...
Marinate the chicken slices in two tablespoons low sodium soy sauce while you are slicing up the veggies.
Add one tablespoon olive oil to wok and heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper add to heated wok, let sit a minute to lightly brown and then turn and cook through. Remove from wok and place in a covered dish, set aside.
Add a dash more oil to wok and add the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Cook veggies until almost tender but with a bit of a crunch for that "fresh taste".
Mix in a small bowl one tablespoon cornstarch, two tablespoons low sodium soy sauce and 1/2 cup cold water or cold chicken broth, set aside.
Add cooked chicken, whole wheat noodles and veggies to the wok toss to combine and heat, add corn starch soy mixture, toss to combine until thickened (if too thick add a little more broth or water a little at a time).
Remove to serving platter and enjoy.
Serves (2) healthy size servings.
Happy Cooking :)