Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home Cooking

Here is a Home Cooking Short from a Guest writer, enjoy!

Written by Roger Fuller

It's always great to go out to a restaurant for a nice enjoyable meal instead of staying home and cooking every night of the week. And a fun day out with the family is always a special treat. So, the other day we decided to go across town to Iron Chef Bobby Flay's new restaurant (Bobby's Burger Palace) in the University City area. The restaurant specializes in different styles of hamburgers. I was really excited about sampling the Chef's burgers because we had watched the grand opening for the restaurant on television only a few days earlier. All the local celebrities and even the mayor was at the grand opening along with hundreds of local University of Penn students. We dressed in casual attire to fit in with the college crowd. I checked all the doors and then set the home security alarm I’d just gotten from allhomesecurity.com before leaving to go out to eat. We found a parking place a block away from the restaurant. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that there was a long waiting line in the middle of a Saturday outside of Bobby's Burger Palace. I whipped out my cellphone and took a picture of the scene. For now, I think that was about as close as we were going to get to that restaurant. It was then I decided that home cooking was the best cooking. The family and I went back home and grilled our own home style burgers which were probably just as good as those restaurant burgers. Bobby's Burger Palace would have to wait till next Saturday.

Happy Cooking ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails