Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Saturday, May 29, 2010

My New Kitchen Counter


This is a guest post by Rita Heyson

It was love at first sight when I walked into my house; the kitchen was another story. I signed the contract and immediately started kitchen shopping. This was four years ago when granite was (and still is I guess) the must-have household update.

The entire new kitchen process took about 3 months, from planning the layout to completion. My favorite part was choosing the counters. I walked a vast warehouse of giant slabs of granite, up and down aisles and aisles of it. There were so many to choose from but I was drawn to darker colors with lighter accents. I came upon a slab named 'flash green,' which actually looks almost black but has swirling grey/green inclusions and some light silvery flecks. It was definitely good that when I thought kitchen counters sears was what came to mind.

The granite contractor came to my house and drew a template of the counter when the new cabinets were in place. There were some details to iron out such as how many holes for faucets and the size of the sink but it was a simple process. About five days later the granite guys arrived with my newly cut and polished slabs. Installation took a couple of hours and couldn't have been easier (of course, I didn't have to lift it.) The granite counter makes such a statement in my kitchen, it's natural beauty is so eye catching but not at all flashy, four years and I still love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails