Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wine Pick Of The Day! French Bourgogne Pinot Noir 2006


Bourgogne Pinot Noir Reserve, Recolte 2006,

“Vieilles Vignes”

France


I made Beouf Bourguignon for dinner. As I went to the gourmet market to grab a few ingredient’s I stopped by the Wine Sommelier to get a good young Chianti because that is what the recipe called for.


He produce a good $10 bottle and I asked is this okay for drinking should I grab another to have with dinner? He said that he would never sell me that to drink. Confused I asked why. He went on to say that Julia Child's recommended a Chianti for her French dish because when she wrote her cook book American housewives could not get French wine.


So he produced a French Pinot Noir that he said would go perfectly with the dish. It is lighter than a cab and will complement the recipe with a more raspberry tone vs. the cherry that the cab’s tend to give.


He was so right! This Pinot was wonderful. It reminded me of a cab but not so heavy and it went well with the rich French Bourguignon I had spent the day preparing. And with this yes a cab would not have worked, to oaky and heavy. I think I will try the pinot in the dish next time as well instead of the Chianti ;)


My Husband enjoyed it as well.


Price Point: Papa Joes $17.99

1 comment:

  1. This French Pinot Noir is on my list! Thanks for sharing this great find with all your foodie friends.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails