Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Karen B's New Dutch Oven Cookware Found At Sam's Club


I received for Christmas the best gift ever for the Kitchen. A 6.5 Quart Dutch Oven. The best part is that it didn't cost an arm and a leg either!

Sam's Club stocks them and guess what happy readers, there is a Lifetime Warranty that Sam's stands behind. For a fraction of the price... My husband mentioned he paid under $50.00 for it!

It is enameled cast iron, the real deal! I did season the exposed edges per the instruction card which you do need to read cooks!

I love it. It heats evenly, browns, oven proof, my new favorite piece of cookware. I have always wanted one but would never spend all the dough for one. So I am passing on this bit of savings to you all!

Costco carried a Mediterranean pot larger with a more rounded bottom but it was I think around $198.00 or so. I think we hit the jack pot ;)

I have made Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon to soup in my new pot which of course I will share.

Happy Cooking ;)

3 comments:

  1. Karen, I received the same cast iron Dutch Oven for Christmas from Costco. You are right, this is an absolutely wonderful cookware piece. I broke it in by making an oven beef stew.
    Glad to know that I am not the only one who is giddy about her new Dutch Oven pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both must talk to my husband about how happy I would be if I got one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yummy stew sound good right now because I am freezing! Now I want the dutch oven, too. Glad I found your blog except it's making me want to eat. LOL

    ReplyDelete

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails