- 1/2 Cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1-1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. milk chocolate toffee bits, divided
You can find the toffee bits in the baking section by the chocolate chips at the supermarket.
In a large mixing bowl beat together:
beat until well mixed and smooth.
In a separate mixing bowl combine:
whisk quickly to combine dry ingredients together.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Add 1/2 of the toffee bits, stir in.
On a ungreased baking sheet drop rounded teaspoon fulls of cookie dough 2 inches apart. Top with remaining toffee bits.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, just lightly browned like above. Let set a couple of minutes, remove to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies depending on the amount of dough you drop per cookie.