Simmered Tomatoes and Zucchini is a wonderful side dish that can be made anytime and be served with almost anything. It's great all year round. Just add some fresh herbs, garlic and olive oil and your done ;)
- Three Large Tomatoes sliced 3/4 inch thick
- Three Zucchini sliced 3/4 inch thick
- Three Fresh Garlic Cloves sliced
- Three Tablespoons Fresh Flat Leave Parsley chopped
- Two Tablespoon Fresh Oregano chopped
- 1/2 small Red Onion sliced
- Olive Oil
Coat deep fry pan with Olive Oil and heat. Add Garlic and Onions saute until you can start to smell the garlic.
Layer in the Squash, Tomatoes and herbs. Season with Salt and Pepper.
Drizzle some more Olive Oil over the top.
Cover and let simmer, turning occasionally gently until tomatoes are cooked and zucchini is tender. The aroma is amazing!
Serve as a side dish with chicken, beef or fish.
Serves two Adults and two Children. Double recipe for more guests ;)