This recipe is not only easy but it's healthy as well. No red meat here! It's also moist!
- 1 lb. ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, juice drained
- 1/4 of a large onion, diced
- 1/4 of a large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg and 1 egg white, whisked
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat Oven to 350
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together well.
Spray a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
Pour meatloaf mixture into prepared pan and make a well in the center. This prevents the edges from shrinking down and burning.
Fill the well with ketchup as shown here:
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove, cover and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.