Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My favorite TV snack

My favorite TV snack

Thanks for the post from Deborah Kline

Chocolate chip cookies have always been my favorite TV snack. Whether they're made from scratch or purchased in the Supermarket as dough, either way they bring me back to a time when I was a child and times were much simpler. They have a sense of comfort, especially when they are still warm.

When I come home at night and turn on my North Carolina satalite tv I run to the kitchen, turn my oven on and pop in some of that cookie dough. In less than 10 minutes I have a warm cookie in my hand that brings back memories of my Mother letting me eat the first cookie straight out of the oven, even though the chocolate chips are still too hot to touch. You take the cookie and toss it back and forth from hand to hand until it eventually cools off enough to put it in your mouth and enjoy the rich delicious flavor.

I take the cookies and transfer them onto a dish, pour an ice cold glass of milk and crash on my couch for a little while to relax. I take the cookie and dip it in the milk immediately transferring it to my mouth to take a big bite. Some of the crumbs fall back into the glass and I giggle as if I'm still 5 years old.

1 comment:

  1. I will often make a batch of cookies but only cook a few. The rest I will freeze in cookie size balls (use an ice cream scoop) on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a zip bag. When you want cookies, you can take two (or as many as you "need") out of the bag and bake them straight from the freezer. It's my favorite evening treat once it gets cold outside.

    ReplyDelete

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails