Karen B's Homemade Carmel Apple Bread Pudding is a special dessert
and loved by many. It will bring a smile to your family as well as warm their tummy's.
It's quiet simple all you need are the ingredients and you will be surprised at what they are!
- One Dozen Cinnamon Cake Doughnuts
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 - 1/2 Cup Chopped Dried Cinnamon Apples ( I use Mariani Fuji Apples w/Cinnamon) If you cannot find dried apples use two fresh apples chopped and dredge in Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Cinnamon & Sugar (mixed together)
- Two Carmel Apple Wraps
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pnuts (optional) (you can find chopped Pnuts at the store)
Preheat the oven to 350.
Prep a 9 x 13" glass dish with cooking spray.
Take your cake doughnuts and break into pieces show here, place into pan.
Chop your apples into 1/2 inch size pieces, sprinkle over doughnuts.
Take two Carmel Apple Wraps and remove paper.
Cut with kitchen scissors into small pieces, it is easier to use scissors than a knife. Sprinkle Carmel pieces and Pnuts over doughnuts and apples. Gently mix in with hands to distribute evenly.
In a bowl add the eggs and whisk. Add the milk, sugar and vanilla mix until sugar is dissolved. Pour the eggs and milk mixture over the doughnut mixture. Press down the doughnut mixture with a spatula to make sure all the doughnuts get covered with the eggs and milk.
Let sit for five minutes.
Sprinkle Cinnamon and Sugar over the entire top of the bread pudding.
Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes until set.
Serve warm with a dollop of whip cream or just by itself!
It is delightful!
Happy Cooking ;)