Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

More After The Oscars Governors Ball & Wolfgang Pucks Dinner!



The next yummy treat I want to share with you from my trip to the 2014 Oscars after party at the Governors Ball, catered by Wolfgang Puck, is this AMAZING dish!  Ravioli's topped with cream, chives and real black truffles!

When this dish appeared before my eyes my eyeballs almost popped out of my head!  The Server gave us the description and confirmed it was real black truffles.  The smell of the cream, chives and truffles was so incredibly amazing I hesitated to eat it. I just wanted to take it all in.  

A very kind sole sitting next to me asked "what is a truffle?" and I responded back "an earthy tasting amazing delicacy that is highly sought after".  She asked "I heard it's a mushroom?".  When I responded that its like a fungus spore type food found under ground mainly in France.  They typically start at $100.00 an ounce.  They are found underground near certain species of trees.  The best part, dogs and or pigs rut them up.   She at once slid her bowl over to her Husband who promptly devoured the bowl and said "that is the best thing I have ever eaten".  We toasted to Puck and his black truffle topped ravioli. 

My Husband Craig, the kind soles Husband and I then ordered another bowl as they came around to offer more!

Enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails