- 2 cups onion chopped
- 3 lbs. ground beef or ground chicken or ground turkey
- 2 cups Open Pit Barbecue sauce
- 1 cup yellow prepared mustard
- 1/2 Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- slices of cheddar or American cheese (optional)
- 24 slider buns or 12 hamburger buns
Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in large pot. Saute the chopped onions 3 to 4 minutes until just tender.
Add the ground beef, cook until browned stirring often. Drain.
Add the cooked ground beef back to the pot and add the barbecue sauce, mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer about 15 minutes. Spoon onto buns, top with cheese and serve.
You can also set up a Sloppy Joe Bar, in small bowls have several toppings for your guests to create their own version of a Sloppy Joe some toppings are:
- jalapeno peppers
- hot sauce
- cole slaw
- cooked bacon chopped
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomato's
You can keep the Sloppy Joe's warm in a crock pot on the buffet and have everyone self serve them selves.