Popular Posts

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Robin's Cheesy Shredded Hashbrown Potato Casserole


My Family loves "Company Potatoes" however, I don't make them very often. They take so many different ingredients every time I think I can make the recipe I am missing an item!

My Friend Robin made these Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes for New Years Eve and my Family LOVED them! I have to say they move the Company Potatoes to the back of the line. The best part, they are SO EASY!

Ingredients:
  • 1 - 2 lb bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns (remove from freezer to slightly defrost)
  • 1 - 1 lb package of low fat (or regular) Velvetta Cheese
  • 1 medium onion chopped small
  • 1 cup of mayo (olive oil mayo is healthier)
  • 1 cup of milk
  • salt/pepper
  • 4 slices of raw bacon chopped (or you could use bacon bits)
Preheat oven to 350, rack in the middle.

Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish with non stick spray.

Break up the Velvetta cheese into a large micro proof mixing bowl, heat in microwave until melted, stirring occasionally.

Combine the melted Velvetta cheese, onion, mayo, milk and dash of salt and pepper. Stir.

Add the shredded hasbrowns mixing to combine well. Pour hashbrown mixture into prepared pan.

Top with chopped bacon.


Cover with tented foil and bake for 1/2 hour. Remove foil and continue to cook for an additional 40 minutes.

We served these wonderful potatoes with my Valentines Veal Chops Made Easy! and with the Wine Pick Of The Day! Guenoc Meritage Red Wine 2006!

Serves 6 - 8, reheats in oven nicely the next day!

Enjoy!

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. You know folks love this cheesy potato casserole. This is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails